This will be my first summer in the Roaring Fork Valley and I couldn’t be more excited to be here! There are so many wonderful sights to see and adventures to be had here, but I know I won’t have time to see or do them all. I’ve made a list of the top five things to do before the summer is over.
1. See The Maroon Bells, the most photographed mountains in North America. They’re quite a sight to see and only a short drive from Aspen! Taking a bus tour would be the easiest way, but it might be worth getting up before sunrise to see these majestic mountains.
2. Hike La Plata Peak. Not only is this on my summer list, it is also on my Bucket List! It is 14,336 feet in elevation making it the fifth highest mountain in Colorado!!
3. Dance my butt off at Mountain Fair in Carbondale. There’s nothing like enjoying live music in the warm Colorado sunshine! Admission is free, there are so many wonderful artists and you can find food vendors for every pallet. You don’t want to miss this event!
4. Watch an Aspen Santa Fe Ballet Performance. This is such an outstanding company to watch live. Usually I like to spend my summers outside, but dance is the only other activity that I love as much as the outdoors.
5. Raft Slaughterhouse at high water! This exciting stretch of river really gets the adrenalin pumping. If you’re in the area early June, this is one activity that you can’t pass by.